At LSC we understand how daunting starting to swim outdoors can be. However, one of our club's missions is to support swimmers from all walks of life, and promote outdoor swimming as a noble, useful, healthful and pleasant pastime – just like our founders over 100 years ago.
As such, LSC is now offering a free of charge buddy system which provides accompanied swimming sessions. This service is offered to those new to outdoor swimming, returning after a long break, or nervous outdoor swimmers. This service aims to offer mental support, rather than the technical support offered by coaches.
Swimmers using the service will receive:
- Introduction PDF with basic equipment suggestions
- Up to four 30 minute sessions with a buddy
- Discount on LSC basic club membership
Please note: although the buddy service is free, swimmers using the buddy service will still need to pay for entry to the dock (£10).
Want to be a buddy?
We are also looking for voluntary buddies. If your kind enough to be willing to offer your time for free, we will provide the following:
- Your swimming session cost will be covered by LSC
- You will receive free basic LSC membership for life (including club cap and other goodies)
- You'll receive a guidance PDF and further support from the club presidents